Meal prep is an absolute necessity for me………and breakfast is no exception!
When I work day shifts, my first meal of the day is at morning break. It has to be quick, taste good, and be nutritious. I don’t like a big breakfast though, so it can’t be crazy heavy.
Eggs are my frequent go to. I love eggs in just about any form I can get them.
I already use my Instant Pot for large quantity (14) hard-boiled eggs. They cook perfectly and peel like a dream! But I thought I’d try something different this time…
Sous Vide Egg Bites are apparently a thing! And, judging by the recipes I’ve found, it seems that Starbucks must have been the ones to start the trend. I don’t frequent Starbucks, so not sure what they charge for them, but I’ve seen the Tim Horton’s similarity, and yeah…..I’m not paying that.
So, here is my version and they turned out pretty good! As stated in the instructions, be sure to spray the silicone mold or apply a little oil in some form.
Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites
- Instant Pot
- Silicone mold
- .5 cup liquid egg white
- .5 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- .5 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion stalk, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chives, fresh or dried
- salt, to taste
- .25 cup grated cheese (optional)
- Combine egg whites, eggs, cottage cheese and seasonings in blender and blend for 15-20 seconds.
- Divide mixture between the seven compartments in silicone mold.
- Sprinkle vegetables and cheese evenly on top of each bite.
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- Add 1 cup of water to Instant Pot.
- Remove trivet from pot and set silicone mold on top. Gently lower into Instant Pot. Cover with lid. Be sure pressure nozzle is set to lock.
- Use Steam setting, set for 13 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release for ten minutes after timer sounds.
- Loosen each bite with knife and allow to cool a few minutes before removing.