I admit, I’m a bit of an appliance collector!!! I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and LOVE to cook, but I’m no martyr and if I can find something that makes the job easier and faster, I’m all over it!!
When you’re trying to eat healthy, and meal prep is paramount, this wonderful invention is the answer!!!
Some of the things I use it for regularly:
- Hard boiled eggs….14 at a time! They cook to perfection and peel like a dream!
- Spaghetti squash, used often in place of typical pastas.
- Bone broth…..one of my favourite ways to consume turmeric and collagen.
- Quick and delicious pasta casseroles for the rest of the family.
- Steel cut oats….made in quantity and reheated for quick breakfasts.
- Quinoa, fluffy and flavourful.
- Chicken breasts for my salads.
- Mashed potatoes.
They aren’t cheap but they are wonderful, and certainly not wasted.
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (24 oz)
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz spagetti noodles (or preferred pasta)
- pinch salt and pepper to tasted
- Brown ground beef and onions. Most recipes suggest using the saute function on the Instant Pot for this step, but I usually do it separetely and then add to the pot when finished.
- Add spices to taste. I rarely ever just use the ones mentioned. Things like dried basil, oregano, onion powder etc. all add nice flavour.
- Add spaghetti sauce and 2 cups of water. I usually use some of the water to rinse out the spaghetti sauce from the jar.
- Very important…….break spaghetti into three lenths and add to pot in a loose, criss-cross fashion.
- Press spaghetti into liquid but do not stir.
- Place lid on pot and turn pressure valve to lock
- Select manual setting and timer for 8 minutes.
- Quick release steam valve and remove lid.
- I like to stir the mixture and let it sit for about 5 minutes then serve.