A day ‘off’ and it’s time for family dinner and meal prep.
Both of my Instant Pot were put into use. I made a meatloaf for dinner in one pot, mashed potatoes in the other, and when dinner was done, I cooked four chicken breasts for my salads to take on my work lunches.
Find the meatloaf recipe below….
Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Instant Pot
- 2 lb ground beef (I used venison)
- 15 Saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp powdered mustard
- Combine ground meat, egg, seasonings (feel free to experiment with favourites), crushed crackers and parmesan cheese. Mix well but don't overmix.
- Form into loaf and place in cake pan, or any other pot suitable for Instant Pot.
- Place lid on pot, being sure to to turn pressure valve to locked positiion. Press manual setting and set timer for 25 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze by combining ketchup, brown sugar, and dry mustard.
- When cook time is complete, allow 10 minutes before unlocking the pressure valve.
- Remove loaf for pan and place on cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Cover with the glaze and broil for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- NOTE: Many recipes mention that you can make a tin foil sling to place under loaf in pot. I did and it does help to remove the cooked loaf from the pan. Fold a 12" length of foil until it's approximately 3" wide. Place across the center of pan and up the sides before adding the loaf.