This recipe was taken from the Instant Pot app on my phone, first made by our daughter, Katie. It’s quick and delicious.
Now, full disclosure, mine turned out a bit different last night. I got everything assembled and when I went to find the curry powder, I had none!!! So…..I improvised. Didn’t turn out bad, if I do say so myself! However…..all I saw was one tablespoon of ginger, totally missing the fact that it was to be fresh and not powdered!! BIG difference!!!!! But it worked rather well.
I may, or may not, have been cooking with wine again!!!
I also added tandoori spice and Garam Masala, which are not called for in the original recipe. When I make it again, I will also add fresh cilantro….and maybe even some fresh basil.
Everyone else had theirs over rice, I had mine over some kale/quinoa salad to reduce the amount of carbs and include the nutrition benefits of kale vs rice. It was yum!!!
The Instant Pot app has many really good recipes for, what has quickly become my favourite appliance, the Instant Pot!! If you have one, you really need to download the app. The instructions are clear and simple, and will help you get the most out of your Instant Pot.
Let me know if you try this, or any of the other app recipes……or any of your own Instant Pot favourites!
Instant Pot App Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 3 half chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups crushed tomatoes Approx 363g
- .5 cup chicken broth
- .25 cup butter
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- .25 tsp salt
- .5 cup heavy cream
- Preheat Instant Pot on saute setting, normal.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, chopped onion, butter, curry powder, ginger, and salt to the Instant Pot liner.
- Cook until butter is melted, stirring occasionally – approximately 2 minutes, using the saute function.
- Add chicken breast to inner pot and toss to coat well with sauce.
- Close and lock lid and turn steam release handle to Sealing.
- Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure manually.
- Remove chicken to a plate. Can chop or shred at this point, or just leave it intact.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and heat until sauce is simmering.
- Stir heavy cream into the sauce and cook until thickened – approximately 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Either spoon sauce over intact chicken, or add chopped/shredded chicken back into sauce.