Tried a new recipe the other night…….and even the kids liked it!!!! In fact, I hardly got any!!!! 😉
This is a low-carb dish with lots of flavour and leftovers worked great for meals to take to work!
Cauliflower rice has become quite popular. Apparently, you can buy it frozen in bags, already chopped fine. I just make my own…….I mean I have to justify the money I just spent on a new food processor!!!
Ground beef and onion were sautéed together and then riced cauliflower added to the pan.
I added chopped fresh kale and seasonings.
Then I cooked it briefly in pan until kale was somewhat wilted and cauliflower had softened.
I added it to my Pampered Chef stoneware 9″ x 13″ baking pan. The recipe called for a pan this size but, as witnessed by the white casserole dish slightly behind, I wasn’t sure it would fill it enough. Of course, once I started spooning it into the casserole dish, I quickly realized that the recipe was right. Who knew….. 🙂
Note the impressive ‘seasoned’ stoneware!!! (vs the dirty white casserole dish!!!)
Final touch: grated cheese on top!!
It was baked at 375 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.
As per usual…..I modified and made substitutions. They are listed at the end of the recipe below.
Cheesy Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice Casserole | Low Carb & Keto-Friendly Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1.2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1 small cauliflower, chopped tiny, like rice (can use bag of frozen cauliflower rice)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Brown beef, onion, and garlic together in frying pan
- Add italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to pan
- Continue to cook, breaking up meat with spoon, until meat is fully cooked
- Add in spinach and cauliflower and cook stirring frequently until slightly wilted and somewhat soft
- Remove from heat, drain liquid if necessary
- Add sour cream, basil, and butter stirring until creamyAdd a little bit of milk if too thick
- Put everything in greased 9" x 13" baking dish
- Top with shredded cheese
- Bake 22-25 minutes
- Remove from oven and let stand several minutes before cutting and serving
- chopped kale instead of spinach.
- homemade chipotle powder instead of paprika (season to taste)
- fresh oregano
- fresh rosemary